Sometimes a complete smile is lost irreversibly due to gum disease, tooth decay or trauma. We specialize in Complete Smile reconstruction to replace your teeth and give you back the smile you deserve!
Here at Icon Dental we partner with a Board – Certified Oral Surgery Group to create a personalized approach to your Complete Smile Makeover with dental implants. Our attention to detail and dedication to the most optimal cosmetic and functional results will make this process as seamless as possible.
- The Oral Surgery Group provides 3D scans of your mouth to determine the personalized plan for you. We try to preserve your natural teeth whenever possible and replace broken and unrestorable teeth with dental implants.
- Different sedation options are available in the oral surgery office for your comfort and piece of mind.
- Your temporary bridge will be made same day of surgery whenever possible. You will never be without teeth!
- We will guide you throughout your treatment and start working on your final restoration after implant healing and integration, approximately 3-4 months after surgery and implant placement.
- Your final Hybrid or Zirconia bridge will be made with great care and expertise by our Best laboratory partners in the Bay area! We never go to a final finished product until you approve cosmetic results and fully comfortable with the fit.
- Your Complete Smile Makeover Transformation will be incredible for your self esteem and will restore your function! Our team approach will provide optimal cosmetic, functional and durable results that will keep you smiling for years to come! You deserve to eat whatever you want and have a beautiful smile you can feel confident with!
Which final finishing material do you want to go with? Every material we use is highly durable and long lasting! Our Complete Smile Makeover team can help with dental implants and educate you on all the available options so you can have a choice that works for you.
Hybrid restorations need 4-6 dental implants for support of the prosthesis, which is a non-removable, screw retained option that can only be taken out by the dentist. The bridge has a titanium, precision milled sub-structure / bar inside that attaches all your new dental implants together and will anchor a set of acrylic teeth in place. These implants replace a complete tooth arch (upper or lower). It is highly durable with special teeth and will be customized specifically for you and your cosmetic, functional and phonetic needs. You will love the way you look, we guarantee it!
Zirconia Restorations require 5-6 implants for support of the prosthesis, which a non-removable, screw retained option that can only be taken out by the dentist. The bridge would be created specifically for you based on cosmetic, functional and phonetic considerations. Your implants are made of highly durable Zirconia material and polished to look like crowns or conventional bridges. Zirconia restorations do not wear with time, will not change color and replace a complete tooth arch (upper or lower). This type of implant procedure is recommended for younger patients due to longevity and durability. Patients that are heavy bruxers and clenchers should also consider Zirconia restorations.
This option is also available in the titanium milled bar sub-structure, if you have a very heavy bite and need additional strength.
Pekkton Full arch restorations require 4-6 implants for support of the prosthesis, which is a non-removable, screw retained option that can only be taken out by the dentist. Pekkton is a high performance polymer that has similar characteristics to human bone, including shock absorption and a light-weight and natural feel. This type of implant replaces a complete tooth arch (upper or lower). The individual teeth are designed out of zirconia material and are cemented to the Pekkton base. Patients with TMJ problems or who have only 4 implants (not sufficient for Zirconia restoration) that want to have alternatives to a Hybrid restoration might want this option!
Dr. Eydelman and her team will discuss all the available material options as well as advantages of all options and will help you make the best decision based on your financial, cosmetic and functional needs.